Thursday, July 15, 2010

One of my favorite projects


This was one of my favorite projects to date! I picked up the wooden chair from a garage sale near my sister's house in West Jordan. I used three-dimensional stickers on the back and on the trim under the seat in random patterns, and then painted the whole thing bright green! My daughter wanted it for her room.



Unfortunately, no one seemed to want the chair by itself! Weeks later, I found a simple wood desk at another garage sale. I painted it white, and then stenciled random numbers and letters around the top in the same bright green to coordinate with the chair! A little green trim on the drawers and bright silver handles, and she was done!


Linking up!


Visit thecsiproject.com

The DIY Show OffFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bright green chair! It is darling and I love that it matches the desk - what a cute idea!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That green chair is so cute. And i love the stenciled letters too. So fabulous together!

xox
Jen

junkermidge said...

Adorable! The two pieces together make a great team. I love that shade of green.
Midge