Monday, July 19, 2010

Desk and chair before-and-after

The DIY Show Off

Remember this project? I actually listed it before I went to a family reunion for a week, so I had several calls before I could get back to sell it to someone! (That was kind of fun for me.)

One of the ladies who called wanted to know what the meaning of all the letters and numbers on the desk was! I said, "Just for fun!" She laughed and said she really wanted a plain white desk anyway.

Well, I got brave...I said, "I just happen to have another desk in my garage; I could paint it for you!" She was interested! I took pictures of the desk, e-mailed it to her, and we made a deal.
I finished the desk, e-mailed her new pictures, and she loved it! Then she said, "You don't happen to have a chair that could go with it, do you?" I thought fast. I had seen one the previous day at DI, and I wondered if it was still there. I told her I had something in mind, and I would e-mail her a new picture later that day. I went to DI, and I was in luck! The chair was still there, so I snatched it up! It's the one on the left.


....after sanding, priming, and painting--but no distressing for this client--and some sanding and cleaning of the original hardware, here is the finished product!



I think the chair and desk complement each other nicely, and my sweet client (who drove all the way up from Provo) seemed happy!

Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

7 comments:

Emily B said...

So cute! You need to teach me how to do that. It seems like way way way too much work!!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE that desk and chair! I wish it were in my house! It turned out GREAT!! :)

Mandy England said...

I LOVE this! It's adorable white, and you did a great job! :]

sportzmom said...

Looks great!

Ashlee Marie said...

What a great remodel! I'd love it if you'd stop by my Topsy Turvy Tuesday Link party and add this desk and chair!

Katelyn said...

Love it! Great job.

Ashlee Marie said...

Thanks for coming by! SO pretty. I think I might need to find a sweet desk in white for my oldest girl!