They were just plain old faced brown. I painted the legs white, and then distressed them heavily and gave them a walnut glaze.
The tops were stained with Minwax Dark Walnut, but I purposely glazed them unevenly, and then I also sanded down the finish heavily on the edges again.
I used my Cricut to make stencils out of cardstock, and then painted the numbers on. I sanded those down pretty heavily to make them look very well-worn.
I love how these turned out. I don't know why I find the numbers so appealing! But with "1st," "2nd," and "3rd"...now the kids will know in what order you will dish up the ice cream!