Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cedar Chest before & after

I love cedar chests! I found this one at a garage sale for $25.



Look at those pretty legs! And a drawer!


Of course, the reason it was only $25 was that the varnish was peeling off in strips and flakes, and the veneer was partially missing on the top and coming up in other areas.

After lots of sanding, a little glue, and some caulk to hide the missing areas (shh! don't tell!), I painted it white and gave it a little distressing and glazing.





Linking up!
Visit thecsiproject.com
The DIY Show Off

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

7 comments:

Erin said...

Looks great Korrie!

Rachel said...

As I look around.......hmmmm......What can I paint and distress? :D

I love it! It looks great!

Lori said...

That looks fantastic! You did a really good job. It looks like it should be in the Pottery Barn catalog.

Karie said...

I love cedar chests also. This one is beautiful! Great lines. You did a beautiful job on it. Love it. karie @ karieschiccreations

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

your before and after is amazing!
It is hard to believe it is the same piece of furniture...the poweer of sanding and paint!
thanks for visiting.

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

I love the way it looks now!

Kaye said...

What an amazing find and I absolutely LOVE what you did with it!!!