Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cricut Love

I withstood the charm of the Cricut for a long time...until I started refurbishing furniture! Then I had all sorts of fun ideas for stencils I could do. I borrowed a friend's machine for my first foray into stencil-making, but eventually I found a really good deal for a used Cricut on eBay...and the best thing was, the seller lived in Hooper! I asked her if I could pick up the machine if I won, an she said "yes." That saved me about $20 in shipping charges.

Now that I have my own Cricut, I have used it to make stencils for these bar stools and this coffee table and this desk. But I think my favorite use was for this twin headboard/footboard set! I bought it for $2.50 at a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store sale.




I love birds! I'm glad I still have friends close by that I can borrow more cartridges from!

2 comments:

NicoleD said...

What a steal. It looks so great in white with the contrasting bird stencils. Gorgeous!!

Kaye said...

I too have been foregoing the Cricut but you just gave me a great idea....eBay one!

Thanks!