Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pink Chandelier

My darling daughter fell in love with some of the painted chandeliers we've seen. I, however, was not in love with a $45 price tag--especially for something I couldn't be sure worked! But when I found a brassy $6 chandelier at the DI, I thought it was worth the risk.

Here's what her bedroom light looked like BEFORE:



Totally boring! Let's ignore the fact that the rest of the bedrooms in the house still have the same light fixtures.

...and now?


Completely fabulous! Love that pink spray paint. ;-)
I think it may be her favorite thing in the room!

And the best part? I installed it myself, and it worked on the FIRST TRY!


The DIY Show Off

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

9 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Love the pink!! Oh how I wish I could find one for under $10!! Looks fabulous!

Sherilan said...

Just found your blog and so excited to read previous posts. My daughter would love this chandelier and she is 20. She is all about pink. It looks great, and I can't wait to try to find one. Thanks

Pam Kessler said...

Oh wow. That is so pretty. I also love your cedar chest a few posts back - very nice redo!

Rachel said...

LOL! Love the pepto chandelier! Seriously very cute!!

LaKeta said...

This is darling...and who wouldn't love to wake up to that pretty little jewel...I may have to make one of those in purple for my daughter's newly painted room...thanks for sharing...

LaKeta

1luckeegirl.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

that's so funny cause i found one at our trash drop off for FREE and i planned on spraying it hot pink and putting it in my dd's room too! i don't know if it works yet.....yours looks great!

Honey at 2805 said...

Great chandelier--"Pretty in Pink".

Nickie said...

My daughter is positively drooling! Thanks for the great inspiration...now to find one under 50 smackers...

meg@happylooksgoodonyou said...

Love the pink color! Great job!