Monday, July 11, 2011

Bella’s Vintage Market

As most of you know, I have spent the last month getting ready for Bella’s Vintage Market, which was held last Saturday at Wheeler Farm in Salt Lake City.

I have participated in only one other market, and although it was lots of fun, it was also lots of WORK! However, somewhat like childbirth, I tended to forget the WORK and only remember the FUN! (That may be why I have six kids!)

It was only with the help of a patient husband, a supportive sister, a creative neighbor, and an encouraging teenage daughter that I made it there! So without further ado, here are some pictures of the Red Hen Home tent!

bellas 006

Thankfully the above-mentioned sister had a canopy I could borrow. There’s no way we could have survived a hot July day without it! We were supposed to have a 10x10 space…I’m glad we were on a corner, because we overstretched a little (OK…a lot!)

bellas 007

Last market, I didn’t know what to write on the chalkboards I had for sale! I swiped “You should have bought it when you first saw it!” from another market I saw through the blogs! It was perfect.

bellas 008

bellas 014

The organizers didn’t want garish advertising…but I thought my cupboard door sign was very tasteful! This time I held on to it…and yes, there were a couple of people who wanted to buy it!

bellas 024

Above is one of my favorite cupboard door signs ever…it says “I just want to make beautiful things even if nobody cares.”

What do you think of the giant pink eyeglasses? The lettering along the top says, “I like to look at life thru rose-colored glasses.”

bellas 009

bellas 012

My World Traveler suitcase is above on the right. It came home with me (go figure!). However, I have a sister in Seattle who’d really like me to figure out a way to send it to her!

bellas 013

bellas 016

Watch for more pictures of this French bench to appear in the near future!

bellas 018

After my first clock table, I was dying to do a coffee-table sized one. Luck was with me, and I found one!

bellas 028

Loved the aqua-and-white mirror above. It used to have a dark brown outer frame with a gold-ish middle section. I think it looks much better in lighter colors!

bellas 041

The pink pieces above are two matching headboards and footboards. I wish my two youngest daughters had a bigger room so I could have used them instead of a bunkbed!

bellas 032

My “Buy Vintage” sign got bought…<sigh>

bellas 034

Yep, there’s another French coffee table in there. A cute couple drove two hours one way to buy it (bless them!), and they also left with the bench above, and the bar stools! I love them.

bellas 036

That’s a French postcard table above…I will show that to you later as well.

bellas 023

Thanks for visiting with me!

Note: Sharing a few "vendor tips" here!

22 comments:

Biała Korona said...

Twoje rzeczy są wspaniałe! A technika z rzutnikiem jest wprost cudowna! Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

Stacey said...

I wish I could have gone to this sale....oohhhhh!
Love your items!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

Wishing I could've been at the sale as well! You have some really neat peices, hope you had a great day and made tons of sales!
Sherri

Cassie Bustamante said...

wow- it looks amazing!!!!! i love all your little details that we don't usually see on the blog. :)

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

You must have a paintbrush in your hand constantly to do all that work! Wow!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love that you are so willing to tell your tales of the show, it is a ton of work. And I think that many other blogger would love to tackle something like this but just do not know how to start.

Thank you so much for sharing your information!

Anonymous said...

glad it was a success! I'll be anxious to read your tips after you have a moment to decompress. Just love those round tables with the compass and clock embellishments - very creative!

Thank you for taking the time to drop by my blog & comment. I so much appreciate it :) take care, Diane

Vickie said...

I am in love with it all.. I can't figure out just which item of your I would like to feature!! Please watch for your feature at http://paolapartyof4.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

wow! It's all so beautiful! That Fabrique de whatever graphic sure does catch me eye! hmmmm
It's hard to set up in an 8x10 space! hahaha
I love your spillage! :)
great job, can't wait till you tell us what you've learned!
gail

Rhonda said...

Oh Korrie! I am in LURVE with all of the french inspired tables and benches and stools! I am going to try my hand at one of these very soon.
I just finished a tutorial on caning and linked back to yours. Check it out when you can. Thanks for all the great info. You are amazing!
http://rhondasyellowbrickroad.blogspot.com/2011/07/caning-tutorialyou-cane-do-it-too.html

Ido said...

Wow Korrie, your booth looks amazing! Love all the French themed items, hope you did good at the sale, would you do it again?
Have a great day!
XXX Ido

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Just became your newest follower! Love, love, love the clock coffee table. I want to come visit you in person...lol. Fantastic job on everything. Thanks for popping in for a visit.

http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com

bj said...

OH BOY..I sure found a lot of things I would have bought!! Sure glad you had the canopy to huddle under. :))

SImple and Serene Living said...

Korrie, your booth looked fabulous. So glad you had a successful sale. 8-)

Gypsy Heart said...

Korrie, you are so talented and your booth looked wonderful! I can see several things I would have purchased. By the way, did you sell the pink glasses or the black tray with all the numbers? :-) So glad you had that canopy too! It's so hot here I would not have been able to stay outside at all.

Congrats and best wishes for the next one!

Pat

Unknown said...

Did you sell the black tray with number's? How much?

reFresh reStyle said...

I love all your stuff! You've been busy! Congratulations on a great sale!
Debbie

Full Circle Creations said...

I really love the way you set your booth up. You had some really great items in there! I loved the glasses. Did it sell?

Holly

Dicky Bird said...

Your booth was amazing! Blessings from Wisconsin!

Lolly Jane said...

so bummed i missed the sale by a couple days. looks like a BLAST!!

Journal Swag said...

Awesome! I love it all! I used to do shows, and yes they are -SO- exhausting, but fun and fabulous too, huh? Your booth looks great! Wish I were closer! You don't still have those cute pink glasses, do ya? Love 'em. Anyway, great job, I'm sure you did well and had fun!

Sheila

Patty said...

Korrie, you have great stuff ! I wish I lived in the area where I could attend your sales. I have been asked to make a sign for a friend of mine. Can you tell me how you do yours ? I saw where it said they were hand painted. Are you using stencils ? If so, where do you get these ? I can't find anything at the craft stores around here ! Thank you for any advice you can give me.

patty
soriano471@sbcglobal.net