Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Popular Birthday

I know I have been MIA this past week…without a whole lot of advance planning, we decided to spend spring break in Montana with my parents.  I spent my time visiting and cooking, so there wasn’t much time to play on the Internet!  I had to reconcile myself to the fact that I was NEVER going to catch up on all my favorite blogs, and just pretend that everyone else was enjoying a spring break as well!

While we were in Montana, my oldest child turned the big ONE-FIVE!  This year we decided to grant her heart’s desire with a ticket to Wicked, which is coming to Salt Lake City in August.

She looks happy, don’t you think??

Actually, I’m happy, too!  I’m going with her!  (I haven’t seen it either.)

Naomi bday 008

I wrapped up the ticket along with a canvas I made especially for her with lyrics from the song “Popular” from the play.  I’ve watched this video on YouTube at least twenty times!

“Popular” from the musical “Wicked”

I showed the canvas to my husband, and he said, “You don’t really believe that, do you??”

Of course not!  It’s just FUNNY!!  Silly man.

Trust me, I was decidedly UNpopular in high school!

Naomi bday 058

The “Popular” canvas has a place of honor on her chest of drawers now—or at least until we get a chance to hang it up!

  Four more months till play-time!

Naomi bday 057

*********************************
Linking up here:
 
Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Elizabeth & Co.
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Someday Crafts
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special Domestically Speaking
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party  
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
  It’s So Very Cheri
  {aka} design

22 comments:

Karyn said...

You're going to LOVE it, it is the best thing I've ever seen.

Ali Richardson said...

Ooooh, so so jealous! I have been dying to see Wicked! That canvas is awesome!! Happy b-day to your daughter :)

pcb said...

Wicked is so good; you both will love it! I went with my daughter last fall and it was great.

Twice Nice said...

Lucky Girl! (and Mom) You will love that show. Best thing I've seen!

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Hey...did we have a "little" nice weather while you were in Montana?
Glad to got to visit your family...and celebrate a birthday too. 8~)
Take care,
Nancy

Cassie Bustamante said...

i was just saying to my mom i really wanted to see that but i couldn't afford it and she said maybe one year for my bday. guess you are never to old for it to be an awesome gift.

eleven-o-one said...

Heck, Korrie. I was in the band! If only everyone could have been as popular as me! Ha! Wicked sounds like a fun time! Hope you enjoyed you SB with the family.
Fran

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Korrie,
Lucky birthday girl!
Wicked is one of my favorites. I'll be going again and taking my nieces when it comes back. It will be such fun for both of you.
The canvas is awesome!

Rachel said...

How fun and clever!! I've never been to see Wicked or been popular either. :)

Glad you were able to go home and visit! I'm getting very trunky for home........

SImple and Serene Living said...

How much fun. You all will have a blst. :)

Kori said...

Simply put, Wicked is AMAZING!!!!!!!
You'll love Defying Gravity as much as Popular!!!

I've seen it three times and cried every. single. time.
Be prepared....

;)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Yay for birthdays! You will have the best time together! And your canvas is so much fun! There are a lot of happy colors going on in that room - love that!

Kimberly Terrell said...

Love all your signs and love this one. If you ever decide to make any others, I have a 15 year old who would love one.

Unknown said...

So very adorable! - and, I realize I was supposed to be focusing on the canvas, but, BOY DO I LIKE THAT BLUE BIRD CAGE! ;) Her dresser accessory ensemble is adorable! Would love for you to share something with my readers at my second (EVER) linky party, Tips & Tricks. So very talented!

-Heather

wisp said...

You two will love Wicked! I enjoyed it so much. :) I'm so excited for you!

KimMalk said...

That is just darling in her room! Have fun--and cheer up on your sewing project ;)!

Bliss said...

Welcome home I wondered where you were off too. My daughter saw Wicked in Chicago and loved it. Let us know how you like it too.

Bliss

Irene said...

Love your daughter's reaction to her gift. Enjoy your night out together. I also love how the canvas looks in the room. Add to my To Do List for this weekend - Paint Bird Cage.

Gypsy Heart said...

You were missed! Glad you had a wonderful time. The gift for your daughter was obviously a hit ~ I understand the show is spectacular!

xo
Pat

Kimberly T. said...

I'm hoping to come down to SL in August to see it, too! Happy birthday to your daughter!

Heather said...

What a nice gift..it's a great play. I love that canvas...I tease and say I'm so popularis all of the time! Enjoy it!!!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

A couple of years ago my sister came to visit so we bought tickets to see Wicked while she was here. She has the whole score memorized and had seen it a couple of times before we went so she spent the days before the show giving me a "primer" on all the songs. So sweet. Our seats were on the 2nd row. It was great. Have a wonderful time. I think your sign is great - very cheeky.