Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Beautiful Place v. 2.0

I know the blog has been very quiet this past week, but that’s because I’ve been incredibly busy!  You may remember this post  in February where I shared our decision NOT to move, but to stay here and enjoy our lovely home.

house projects 030

In consequence of that decision, I have been making changes to the main living area of our home, as well as working on the front-room-to-office project (more about that here, here, and here).  This has involved electrical work, adding a phone jack, removing siding, putting siding back on, patching sheetrock, trimming windows, and LOTS of painting! 

One day soon, I will have more to share on those topics  Winking smile

But until then, it seemed appropriate to share a new “make a place beautiful” plaque I made for a reader.  She wanted gray, which was new for me—but I love it!  I used a dark gray paint, then distressed it and glazed it with both black and brown to give it some depth.

house projects 031

Today she sent me a picture of it displayed in her home!  Thanks, Rena!  I’m so glad you like it.

photo

 

*********************************************************************

I love to make signs and canvases! Please e-mail redhenhome@gmail.com if I can make one for you!

10 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Korrie this is a a lovely sign and even more lovely sentiment! Can't wait to see all of the changes in your home!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Knowing you, I am sure you have been working hard, and the results will be spectacular. Can't wait to see it all, but make sure you rest, too.
Hugs,
Laura

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the sign! i love that saying, too. can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve over there!

reFresh reStyle said...

Korrie, You are so good at this!! Love it!
Debbie

Practical Parsimony said...

The sentiment expressed on the sign should be a guide for our attitudes responsibilities about bringing beauty to our lives.

Katherines Corner said...

I think the sign is lovely. You certainly have a talent for making them. Hugs!

Rachel said...

Oh! I should take photos of the signs you've made me and send them so you can see how fantastic they look. :) You've already seen the sign on my chicken's gypsy wagon. I get so many comments on that sign and how cute it is! :D

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Love the sign, Korrie! I am excited to see the new changes.
Hugs, Sherry

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That's a great sign! I can't wait to see your office.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love the sign and you definitely have the right attitude. God's timing on your new house will be perfect.