Sunday, April 15, 2012

For the Sun Room

No, it’s not MY sun room; I don’t have one!  But I got to have the fun of helping—in a very small way—to decorate one, and that’s almost as good, right?

Lisa asked me to make one of my “You are my sunshine” canvases for her sunroom.  She believes in the motto, “Go big or go home!”

Although I had only ever made this one in an 11 x 14” size, she wanted a 24 x 30” size.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out!

signs & jen 005signs & jen 006

However, I’m even happier that she sent me a picture of it in it’s new home.

image

OK, so I lied before. 

Just helping to decorate a sun room is not at all as good as having your own!  <sigh>  Isn’t it a lovely space?

*********************************************************************

I love to make signs and canvases!  Please e-mail redhenhome@gmail.com if I can make one for you!

*********************************
Linking up here:
 
Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Elizabeth & Co.
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Someday Crafts
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special Domestically Speaking
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party  
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
  It’s So Very Cheri

17 comments:

Sherri said...

Korrie, that sign is wonderful and so is that sunroom!!

Jaime Costiglio said...

Korrie great work and so nice of her to send you the pic, love when customers enjoy their items.

Amy Kinser said...

What a great statement piece. I love the saying and I love the size. Looks wonderful.

ANNE said...

Love that sign!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love That sign, Korrie! You did a wonderful job and it fits perfectly in her sunroom!

Charlotte Wilson said...

Korrie,

That sign is just darling! Nice job!

♥charlotte

Rachel said...

I was just going to say!! I didn't think it was just as good as having a sun room. Glad you came to your true senses. :)

That sign looks really great on her wall. Fun!!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love the sign. Wish I had a sunroom, too.

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks so perfect there and adds a nice pop of color!

Unknown said...

Hey! Just catching up reading your blog. We have been gone on spring break. Love all the signs. Happy Birthday to YOU the mother of the one five. lol

Ali Richardson said...

Soooooooooo awesome!!! It looks perfect there!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

That came out great! Love it.
I DO have a sunroom, I think it needs one of these signs too!
;)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Going big was perfect! I think it's one of my favorites.
A sunroom would be great, wouldn't it?

thistlewoodfarm said...

Korrie,

Your sign is so cute! I love the message and your lettering is perfect!

blessings,
karianne

Karena said...

Korrie I love this the sun-room is gorgeous with your art!, I always sang that song to my children and now my cat!!

I have a $100 Gift Card Giveaway from Soft Surroundings if you would like to enter!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

I Play Outside The Box said...

The sign is great and what a lovely place for it! Found you over at MRL!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I always love your signs! This sunroom sign is no exception!
great job korrie!
gail