Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The last two chairs!

The sweet lady who bought the Pseudo-Farmhouse Table wanted a total of eight chairs. Since she only had three to begin with, I have been hunting for the past couple of weeks to find five more! I finished and delivered six of the chairs by last week. For chairs #7 and #8, she wanted armchairs. I was lucky enough to spot a pair at Deseret Industries one week--but I didn't have her approval yet! I e-mailed her and waited anxiously for her response, as you never know how quickly things will move at DI!

She said "go for it."

I went back to DI. One of the chairs was marked as sold!

I was so disappointed.

I went back the next day--the chairs were still there! But one was still marked as sold. At DI, you only have so long to pick up an item, so I wondered if someone had just ripped the tags off.

So I went back.

Both chairs are there, but this time BOTH are marked as sold! Augghh!

But I didn't give up hope yet. On Monday morning, I went back again, and there were both chairs, newly tagged! I giggled fiendishly to myself, and ran to the checkout line!

Here they are! Do you see what I saw in them?


The finish was peeling off the backs and arms, but the cushions were in remarkably good shape. I peeked underneath, and found that they were manufactured by Basset. Score!



These chairs got the same treatment as all the others--heirloom white paint, followed by a glazing with walnut stain. A trip to Hancock Fabrics had me falling in love with a lovely gold-and-ivory floral fabric (the gold color was requested to pull out gold tones in the adjacent family room).

So here is the lovely AFTER.


I think these will look lovely with everything else! And they are pretty enough to be tucked into the master bedroom as sitting chairs when they are not needed.

Visit thecsiproject.com


Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

3 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I love the fabric you chose for them!

Rachel said...

LOL! Okay, I'm sorry but the before photos. See? You have such a gift! I look at those chairs and they are UGLY! Inspiration as to what they can become doth not enter me brain....... This is why you need to come and re-do my house!!!!

Kim said...

Luuuurve!