Monday, August 2, 2010

Chunky barstools

A couple of weeks ago my husband was sure he needed to go with me to garage sales. I have to say, I don't think he was feelin' the love when it was all over! I'm sure he had no idea what I saw in these barstools!


But hey, they were solid wood, and CHUNKY! Never mind the fact that one seat had two cracks, they were nicked and dinged, and very uneven on the floor!

I sent a picture to a friend of mine, and we both agreed they were just crying out to be black and distressed. I remember when I started spraying with my handy-dandy Critter siphon gun, and the black was going on, I was thinking, "Oh, yeah, baby!" It was perfect.


I sanded the edges and some of the dings and scratches. They look well-loved. I also installed leveling glides, and I'm a huge fan of those now! Here's how they look in my friend's house!


She only wishes there had been three!

Linking up!

Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree! Black and distressed is perfect!! I was telling my husband about you the other day and we were laughing at you taking over the garage. We haven't parked in ours for years!! Ours doesn't hold cool projects though. Just bikes and cool wood working tools that we can't get to because of all of the junk piled around. What were we thinking when we had all of these kids???? :D

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I love how you can see through the weathered and worn!

Ashlee Marie said...

Very nice makeover! I love the black and how well it turned out! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Stopping by from Furniture Feature Friday! The chairs turned out great! Black is the best!