Wednesday, August 21, 2013

All that Stuff in The Barn!

I had to pop in just for a moment on this busy, busy morning…

As you know, last week I participated in “The Barn” Vintage Market hosted by Ruffles & Rust in Snohomish, Washington.  It was my first-ever market in Washington, and only the fourth one I’ve ever participated in!  It was by far the busiest, and what fun!

The first 90 minutes of the show were crazy.  I think they said about 800 people came through, and I think at least 650 of them were in that first hour and half!

I came home with less than half of the stuff I went with.  I basically sold out of all my “smalls,” and even though I have several big pieces left, I’m OK with that—just means I’ll have some things to list on Craigslist!

Here’s a peek of what I brought!

the Barn 014 - Copy

The “No 7” breadboard, the covered basket, the little aqua chalkboard, the French box, the black secretary…all sold.  I brought home the little black rocking chair; I think it needs to be a brighter color.  But then…the little aqua table was PLENTY bright, and I brought it home too, although it was oohed and aahed over by a ton of people!

the Barn 018

I took one of my Farmhouse tables, and although it didn’t sell, I had inquiries for two custom tables.  The white benches on either side sold, plus I think everything on the table except the long green bench in the back!  I sold the little red compass nightstand and the checkerboard coffee table.  I did not sell the pink dresser on the left, but I was never that crazy about it.  It’s probably due for a re-re-do.

the Barn 019

The tall shelf on the right is one I built, and it sold right away!  I think I had it priced too low  Winking smile  I sold the little aqua organizer, but not much else from this corner.  Go figure!

the Barn 020

the Barn 021

Here’s a closer look at the little rocking chair…this one sold fast.  It had the cutest little drawer under the seat!

the Barn 022

This is a lousy picture of a little table and two chairs that I took, but I wish I had had several of them!  On the right side is a little gray storage bench that also went quickly.

the Barn 023

I was able to spread out “across the aisle,” and that was a lifesaver because I had SO MUCH STUFF!  The little aqua upholstered bench went to someone who was just going to re-upholster it!  The base was originally part of an Ethan Allen coffee table.  I removed the top—it was long and awkward—and cut a new top out of OSB to make a bench out of it.

the Barn 013

I took another one of my French Chocolate coffee tables, but it didn’t sell.  Peeking out underneath is the cutest “First Aid” box I finished, inspired by this one from Home Road (I’ll have to see if I can find a better picture of it later).  I was SO sad to see it go!

the Barn 012

Here you can see a peek of a little table made from a vintage treadle sewing machine base.  I love the look of the graphic on top!  I added a shelf beneath after seeing this one from Full Circle Creations.

the Barn 016

Although I took my beloved card catalog, it didn’t sell…I wasn’t willing to just give it away!  I sold everything else on or around it though.  In fact, the Milk and Cream lazy susan was my first sale!

the Barn 017

I really had a great time doing this sale, and it was made possible by wonderful help from a dear friend, a sister, a daughter, and a son.  THANK YOU to them all.

Now this morning I need to get off the computer and ready to take my family ON VACATION!  I’m super excited to take a BREAK from the garage and just concentrate on my husband and kids for a few days. 

See you next week!

 

12 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

You obviously had a great day! All your pieces looked awesome!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Korrie,
Your booth looked OUTSTANDING!!! You had so many neat pieces and I am happy to hear that it well for ya. Now...go enjoy some fun time with your family.

Blessings,
Linda

Rachel said...

These types of things are so funny. You never know what is going to strike people one sale from the next.

I do so love what you do.... Henny Penny saw your sunshine rocking chair and thought that was the funniest thing. The girl is warped I'm afraid. She thought that was the funniest thing to say to someone's bum. The girl has too much of her mother in her...

Cassie Bustamante said...

yay! so glad for your success!

Cynthia said...

I am so glad you had success! I can't believe no one bought that coffee table near that first aid kit. Were people not thinking clearly or not seeing clearly?? That is a GORGEOUS piece!!!

Cynthia

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

I can't even imagine how much time you spent getting all that ready! Everything looked amazing!

My Repurposed Life said...

I loved looking at all of your great pics Korrie! Sounds like it was a great experience, and maybe you learned a few things.
You have such great projects... I of course love your projects with graphics. So appreciate your talent!

enjoy your vacation!!!

gail

looking silver said...

I soooooo appreciate your showing us what sold, and what did not. Although we all have instincts on ways to go, direction is nice to have in the pocket.

Have a safe holiday.

La Verne@hopeandsalvage.com

Hetty said...

Korrie I am so happy you go on vacation. Thanks for keeping us posted on what sold and what didn't. You are right, sometimes it doesn't make sense..Anyhow, I think your barn sale was a success!

Homeroad said...

That looks like so much fun Korrie! Great that you sold some stuff! I love that desk and chair... great design on top!
Susan

Full Circle Creations said...

You have been a busy girl! I love seeing all your great pieces! I'm always amazed by what doesn't sell...it's so hard to predict. Thanks for the shout out on the sewing base! So glad I could be of inspiration! Love the graphic on top! Have a great vacation with your family.

Rustown Mom said...

That red stool would have been MINE!