Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Buchanan’s Nursery

My wonderful friend and next-door neighbor had a beautiful baby boy recently.  Today I thought I’d share the beautiful nursery she created for him.  We had lots of fun running back and forth sharing opinions and ideas for this fun room in the months before he was born!  <sigh>  Helping on a dedicated nursery like this makes me feel cheated that I didn’t get to do this for any of my six children!

IMG_8739

The nursery walls were painted a soft gray, and she chose to use aqua and red for the main accent colors.

IMG_8755

We spent probably two hours arranging and rearranging the elements for the gallery wall.  The two gears are not “real”—I think she got them at Hobby Lobby, but they’re much lighter than the real thing!  The rusty lock and key is a real railroad heirloom, though.

IMG_8782

This was my main contribution to the nursery!  She wanted a sign reminiscent of an old-time train logo, and this is what we came up with.  The cupboard door I used had already been painted aqua, so I used the vaseline trick before the coat of red paint so you could see the aqua underneath.

IMG_8815

The old train on the shelf is a family treasure, as are the wonderful old lanterns.  The old fan was a “treasure” un-earthed from my garage!

IMG_8885

My friend has a very talented seamstress aunt who made a new cover for the glider rocker.  I need an aunt like that!

IMG_8946

And this is baby Buchanan.  I like to cuddle him under my chin and revel in that fuzzy baby head!

This project featured at The DIY Show Off.

***********************************************
Linking up here:
Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
No Minimalist Here  
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday  
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Stone Gable
Beyond the Picket Fence Someday Crafts
Knick of Time
Mod Vintage Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Common Ground My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours All Star Block Party
A Little Knick Knack
Cowgirl Up!
{aka} design
Coastal Charm

19 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

it's fabulous- SO classic and will grow with him well. and how cute is he?!?

Unknown said...

What an adorable young man...he is going to keep the girls chasing...what a fabulous head of hair!

His room is so cute, everyone did a wonderful job...very tasteful.

Irene said...

Congratulations to the new parents. What a great room for the baby. He is sooo cute and a lucky little fellow to have such a talented and loving neighbor.

Unknown said...

An adorable nursery for an adorable little baby! He's precious!!
Kim

Ali Richardson said...

SO awesome! I love all of the meaningful details and the color scheme is perfect. What an adorable little boy! Ahh, babies are the best!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

what a sweet room! it makes a great nursery, but I can see Buchanan growing up there! What a cutie, that picture of him brought a huge smile to my face as I scrolled down the post. Beautiful baby!

gail
ps love the red and gray!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet room and a beautiful baby! Love that hair!

Full Circle Creations said...

Love the nursery and what a sweet baby! Your sign looks great too!

Holly

srpprcrftr said...

What a sweetheart. Can I spoil him a little? I'm a big sucker for babies, especially when they're so tiny like little Buchanan. What a neat name.
His room is incredible, love the gallery wall. I'm sure the baby's Mom appreciates having you for a neighbor and friend. How fun to be included in decorating his nursery.
Happy week

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

New fan here from Cowgirl Up. I really love this! I also would LOVE for you to come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-6.html Hope to see you soon! Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily

SImple and Serene Living said...

What an adorable room and that baby is precious. His hair is just awesome. Your children may not have had a dedicated nursery like that, Korrie, but they got you for a mom. What could be better than that.

Hugs,
Laura

chateau chic said...

Very cute nursery for precious Buchanan!
Mary Alice

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Korrie, Buchanan Is a little doll! His room is adorable and I love the sign you made. Thanks for joining the Open House party.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Korrie, Buchanan Is a little doll! His room is adorable and I love the sign you made. Thanks for joining the Open House party.

Pam said...

Adorable room for an adorable baby. Love grey walls with the decor....charming! xo Pam

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

The room is darling but Buchanan is a doll!! Korrie thanks for sharing that charming room.

Bliss said...

Adorable, and the nursery is pretty cute too.

Bliss

I Play Outside The Box said...

Love the colors...beautiful baby!

Roeshel said...

What a sweet space for your precious little guy! Beautiful accents and colors and so peaceful! Love it!

I'm including a link back in my highlights Thurs. evening. :) Thanks so much for sharing.