Monday, July 8, 2013

The Other Solomon Table & a Bench

After my table-building frenzy this spring, I’ve been in a bit of a dry spell.  Too many other projects going on, although I have a couple more tables in my head that are dying to come out!

Last week, though, I built a bookcase for one of the couples who bought a table from me, and I realized I never showed off their table, so here it is!

Red Hen Home Solomon Table 11

This table is a slightly smaller version of the Solomon table I built for myself

You can see the details of the brackets I cut for each corner.

Red Hen Home Solomon Table 3

I love the look of my doily runner on the wood!

Red Hen Home Solomon Table 5

They wanted a bench for one side of their table, and we chose to do a modified version of Ana White’s Providence Bench

Red Hen Home Solomon Table 9Red Hen Home Solomon Table 12

This one has a top made out of 3/4” thick boards to match the table top.

They sent a picture of how it looks in their new home…I love that!

Red Hen Home Solomon Table 14

I’ll share their new bookcase in a couple of days!

*********************

Linking up here:

Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
Primitive & Proper Thrifty Décor Chick
Friday Remodelaholic Inspiration Exchange
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect Sawdust Throwdown
Common Ground My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours A Little Knick Knack
The Scoop!
No Minimalist Here

5 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

they are both awesome, but i really LOVE that bench!

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks great! Love the bench!

Homeroad said...

You go girl! Gorgeous!!!
Susan

Krista Aasen said...

Fabulous work! I love the bench with that gorgeous table!!

My Repurposed Life said...

Korrie---tables in your head? do you dream these? do you work IN your dreams? I do sometimes...

LOVE this version and the bench! someday, I'll build a table.

catching you!
gail