Friday, June 10, 2011

Every great dream

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer."

That's what it says on my chalkboard right now.

I was smitten when Miss Mustard Seed posted this picture with her new pennant banner from Lisa Leonard designs.

(photo courtesy of Miss Mustard Seed)

Isn't it gorgeous? I love old metal and old wood. Unfortunately, the price for a "dream" banner is over $50, and thus out of my price range!

Luckily, I came across Vintage Skye's etsy shop!

She handcrafts the most amazing knobs, pulls, tags, and more out of clay! I wondered...could she make a pennant banner like the one I loved out of clay?

Oh yeah, baby!
(note: for about half the price of the metal banner)

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from Montana!



I am delighted with how it turned out. Each little 3" pennant has a lovely script imprint over the whole surface, and then the stamped letter is color in black. I love the texture each piece has.

Here it is on my chalkboard. Maybe it was just a little dream...but I was the dreamer!



I also got a few other treasures. I have four of these darling bird tags. One has a home on an old bottle on my buffet.


I also received four drawers knobs. They're waiting for just the right piece of furniture!

Thanks, Vintage Skye, for making my little dream come true.
This has not been a paid advertisement...I'm just...happy!

I'm also curious...what would YOU choose a banner to say??

Linking up here and.

12 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is too funny!!!! my wine and design is next fri night and the theme is clay and i was thinking of making aclay penant banner!!!!! not even kidding! it looks awesome so i think i will!

Kim said...

Thank you for sharing about the pennant....I went over to Vintage Sky and order me up one!!

Carol said...

Love it!!! I just may have to do some ordering myself :)

Gypsy Heart said...

I love it! Thanks so much for sharing. I think I'll have to visit Vintage Skye and look around.

Pat

Anonymous said...

I just love the banner, and the bird tags. I think I might have to visit the shop too! Thanks for sharing :)

Heather @ A Table for Ten, Please
www.heatherluke.blogspot.com

kathie said...

Too cute!! I've never thought of trying clay ~ I think I'd be better off ordering it, though :) Thanks for the link!

The Painted Parlor said...

How adorable!! You have a beautiful home!!

:)
Julie

SImple and Serene Living said...

love it. what a great idea. I will have to check out the shop.

bj said...

This is so cute..gotta run over to her place and check it out.

LrSchwtz said...

These projects are so pretty, it's so shabby chic! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love your banner, and your chalkboard is perfect! you lucky girl! The entire vignette is beautiful!
gail

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute!!! Love it!

Thanks for stopping by. :0)