Sunday, June 12, 2011

All this...for a coffee table??

My friends...I think you have gotten me into trouble!

My French Chocolate coffee table has been very popular,
not only with me,
but with my kids and many viewers.
Even my husband...doesn't hate it!


Many of you said, "You should keep it!"
I responded, "I would love to, but then I would have to buy a new couch!"
"So I'm not going to."

(Famous last words.)

Here is my living room yesterday morning. See? Nice sectional. Very cushy. It's about 10 years old, but at least one of those it was in storage, and most of those it was in the infamous "front room" where it never got sat on.

I just happened to mention to my husband that maybe it was time to consider replacing it.

I wasn't prepared for his response:
"Great! Let's go shopping RIGHT NOW!"

Huh. Apparently, he doesn't like it!?!

I gently explained to him that I wasn't really thinking about right now...but just for kicks, we should check the classified ads.

Wouldn't you know it, a leather Pottery Barn couch had been posted mere hours before...about 1/2 mile from our house.

We went to see it. Want to see what's in my living room now?


Oh yeah, baby. It's a new couch ...AND... the coffee table!



And now there's a lot of work to be done! For one thing, all the pictures and the vinyl quotes I had on my wall are in the wrong places. I peeled off the vinyl last night, but haven't messed with the pictures yet.


The coffee table isn't prettily staged. (I'm having a hard enough time keeping the children from using it for an art table. Or car track. Or bench.)

There are no pretty pillows on the couch.


...and there's a big blank space on the far wall that needs something. I'm thinking maybe a short, wide bookcase? Or something that could be used as extra seating? I'd love some suggestions! (At the very least...I've got to cover up the ugly outlets!)

Please help! Come on, ya'll helped me get into this mess...help me get OUT!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks so cushy and amazing! love everything!

Cassie Bustamante said...

even though it wouldn't give you more storage, i think a floor mirror would look awesome there and give the room more depth.

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh, and love the new couch and glad you got to keep the table!!!

Unknown said...

looks sooo good. and i would have bought a new couch to go with that table too! I would'nt have
let it go..

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I'm so glad you kept the table...it's so great!
Oh, that domino effect! Change one thing...change another and another...
I have learned to just empty the room and start over with the new piece. Good luck and have fun in the room...have an extra sideboard somewhere?

Stacey said...

That looks great! Love that table...wondered where you found it? I have never seen anything like that! I like the new couches, but love your sectional! I have been looking for one just like it scouring Craigslist daily multiple times...happen to live near Northeast PA? thanks for sharing - have fun in your "new" room!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Doni said...

What a great sofa! Perfect for that room! Now what should go in that place? Well, whatever you decide on will be awesome, I know. Perhaps a chocolate themed item...a huge hershey bar...
Oh I'm kidding!! I just want some chocolate :P
I like the idea of something low because of your pictures... Another great find made over with graphics?? A chest with a graphic on the front and extra storage with a cushion on top?? Not too big.
Just a thought!
Love your room, and you'd never forgive yourself if you sold that table right now!!!
Blessings!
Doni

Amy Kinser said...

Oh yeah baby!!! You got to keep the table and you got a great couch. I am so in love with that table and thrilled you kept it!!!

foreverdecorating said...

As soon as you say 'Never' it will come to pass. I am so happy for you that you not only get to keep your beautiful table, but got a new sofa to boot. Embrace the space and restage it all!

All That Glitters said...

pretty couch!

Suzy-Q said...

LOVE the couch! What is the brand of it? I am thinking of going with leather and reallyblike the look of yours! And btw...I adore that coffee table! :-)

bj said...

Now that sofa was MEANT for you..it looks awesome with your adorable table.
xo bj

bj said...

o, and I meant to say I like your idea of a bookcase...ALL rooms look more grounded if theres a fair sized amount of books in it. :)

SImple and Serene Living said...

I am sitting here chuckling, because somehow I knew that was going to happen. I like the mirror idea, but then again you have children.

Bobbi said...

GREAT JOB on keeping that table. i have ooo'ed and awww'ed over that table for days. trying to figure out what i could do that too....
GOOD FOR YOU! and FABULOUS table!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love, love the coffee table and the new sofa. I think the leather sofas can be tricky to work with. I started to say I had a pink throw across mine, but looked and I guess it isn't there any more. It added some color to all of the brown in our office. Great stuff.

Jennifer Interiors said...

I LOVE the new look!!!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Yea..you get to keep it!!!

Darling Details said...

It looks like imitation is the best form of flattery! Have you seen this post? http://curbsidecollector.blogspot.com/2011/06/vintage-french-chocolate-crate-table.html
I like what you've done with the room. :)

Marci