Sunday, May 15, 2011

For my friend....

I have a friend...I'll call her "Rachel."

Rachel grew up the next town over from me, but our paths didn't really start to cross until her brother had the extraordinary good taste to marry my sister! We spent a good amount of time together for a while after that, but then we drifted apart. Just before college, we ended up working at the same store for the summer, and that was fun. Several years later we both ended up married and not living too far away from each other, but our paths never really crossed. I kept up on what was going on with her family through my sister, however.

Then came Facebook...and blogs....and suddenly we were in contact again! It's wonderful.

Rachel asked me to make something for her...one of my cupboard door signs with a quote that is meaningful to her (note: this is actually my Farmers Market sign re-painted. I never was completely happy with it). Since she's a faithful reader of my blog, I thought I'd surprise her and give her a sneak peak of the finished product!


She loves red as much as I do!


Oh, and Rachel?? This is not for sale...it's a gift!



Boogieboard Cottage

Photobucket/

Photobucket


HookingupwithHoH

The DIY Show Off

12 comments:

Unknown said...

nice sign love the color

Tina said...

That's beautiful! Love the color! If you ever make one to sell, let us know. I'll be your first customer!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

What a great story....love your sign. The red is perfect.

Rachel said...

KORRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my heart!!! Okay, first of all, I'm SO glad my brother had the good sense to marry your sister because I love her to pieces and think she is all kinds of wonderful as does everyone in my family. Second, it meant that we'd be sisters. Well, sort of. Close enough right? And third, I LOVE IT! It turned out just brilliantly!

Oh Korrie. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm speechless. HA! Obviously not, but in regards in how to thank you!! I'm stuttering. So I will just graciously say, thank you for this gift. It means a lot to me.

And fourth, we really need to do something about that part where we never see each other!!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

very sweet!

Gail said...

Glad you and Rachel got reconnected; friends are so important.
You did a lovely job on you sign and the saying is soooo true.

Rachel said...

I love this! Can I be THAT Rachel? :)

Phyllis said...

The sign is wonderful and the story so touching. I am thrilled you girls have found each other again and are having fun. The sign is just super and the color is just the right choice!!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

beautiful! I love that quote. Your friend is sooo lucky and blessed to have a good friend like you.
ladeedacreations.com
I am hosting an event over at my blog to support the troops this month. Come on by and grab a button.
http://ladeedacreations.com/2011/05/upcoming-events-la-dee-da-style/

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

How sweet! Beautiful sign and beautiful quote!

Jules said...

Love the red, Love the quote, Love the story! Thank you so much for sharing ... and at the risk of sounding like a blogstalker I really enjoyed reading Rachel's comment. It is so easy to go about our lives and not make time for fun with friends ... you've inspired me to change that! jules

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Well I LOVE the color; and I LOVE what it says and I LOVE that you made this lovely work of art as a gift!