Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Office: Making Decisions

Some decision were easy, some were hard.

The decision to add a board-and-batten treatment?

Easy!

The decision of how high to hang it?

Not so easy.

And it involved a LOT of masking tape!

High or low

I snapped a million pictures with my phone and sent them off to my Utah friends for their opinions.  I don’t have in Washington friends to drag into my decision-making process yet!

Mid-wall was ruled out really quick.  I had a real soft spot for the high molding, but my daughter didn’t like it—plus it complicated the whole “picture hanging” scenario, so we went with the traditional “low.”

Then there was the whole thin vs. fat issue…

Fat or thin   

That one was easier.

I like it fat.

Nevermind that I had to take all the thin molding back that I’d already purchased!

Deciding on a palette…that took forever!

Red Hen Home office palette

I went a little bolder and brighter than is my norm, and probably that’s because I am a little tired of the dark and the gray here in my new home!

Decisions made, now on to the painting!

office ceiling

11 comments:

Homeroad said...

I want to do this in my hallway... I can't wait to see your choices and how it came out.
Susan

Unknown said...

How exciting, I bet you can't wait to see the finished product! Way to go.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You are such a tease, Korrie! : ) I can't wait to see the outcome!

Jaime Costiglio said...

Korrie I agree, whitish ceilings, low boards & batten with fat strips. Can't wait to see the reveal!

Rachel said...

Oh most definitely the ceiling needs to be lighter and not the same color as the walls. Just my don't know what I'm talking about opinion. :) I like the fat too. I like the higher look though. It's not too late to change it the way I like is it? ;)

Unknown said...

I am getting excited, can't wait to see it all done!!!
Kim

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love the board and batten look too! This will be so pretty. Can't wait for the outcome! ... And I'll be your sounding board anytime!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking forward to seeing the outcome...paint away:)

Blessings,
Linda

My Repurposed Life said...

I look forward to the "after" pics Korrie!

did I miss the decorating trend where you paint the ceiling the same color as the walls?

have fun!
gail

Gypsy Heart said...

Love the choices! The ceiling is already looking a lot brighter too. Can't wait to see the finished product.

xo
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Love the choices! The ceiling is already looking a lot brighter too. Can't wait to see the finished product.

xo
Pat