Friday, May 25, 2012

Beadboard Flag

I have been neck-deep in home projects again the last few days, but in honor of Memorial Day, I wanted to show off a beadboard flag I made!

shutters 037

When my last Pottery Barn catalog came, I had actually turned down the corner of the page with their huge $129 flag on it (click on the picture for a link to their website):

Painted American Flag Wall Art

So it was funny that a few days later, a lovely woman (for whom I have made other signs) asked if I could copy it for her!

My version is 48” long x 27” tall, and made out of beadboard.

shutters 038

Wishing a Happy Memorial Day to you all, gentle readers! 

Thank you for those who have served our country, or who have supported family members who have!

Linking up to these great parties:

**********************************

This project has been featured at Better After, Sisters of the Wild WestDomestically Speaking and

******************************************

Linking up here:

 Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
Sisters of the Wild West The CSI Project
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence Someday Crafts
Knick of Time My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours Itsy Bitsy Paper Scraps
Cowgirl Up! {aka} design

33 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Awesome!!! Love it! Happy Memorial Day weekend to you and your family :)

Christine @ First Home...Love Life said...

I saw this in the catalog too! I was planning on making it for the Fourth of July. Yours came out great! Such a smarty pants using beadboard!

The Painted Parlor said...

Love this!! Happy Memorial weekend to you too :)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Korrie,

Your flag is gorgeous!!! Using beadboard was very smart. I made one with lattice strips.

Dee

susan said...

LOVE it, Korrie! :)

Twice Nice said...

That is a great knock off version! I might have to borrow that idea someday a spot on my back deck that's begging for something neat!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

It's just amazing Korrie! You outdid yourself on this one! Have a wonderful weekend!

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks great Korrie!

Robyn @ ItsRobyn.com said...

You're quite talented. Good job! Robyn

Muddaritaville said...

Awesome job!

Sarah said...

Awesome piece! Love this beadboard flag.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

looks so good and yes thank you to those who have and are served our country.ang

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Your version is just as great, if not even better!
I have some spare bead board....How cool would that look hanging from our porch?

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love this.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Awesome flag!!! You did a great job creating it! :)

Happy Memorial Day!

Bliss said...

That looks great, and the beadboard is perfect for that project!

~Bliss~

Unknown said...

This is great, you are so smart! I may try this for my screened porch

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love it. Happy Memorial Day.

bj said...

Beautiful flag, dear one.
Happy and safe Memorial Day.

Kristin said...

I am absolutely in love with this =) Not only do I love the flag, I love bead board! Thanks for sharing.

Visiting DIY Show Off

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This flag is a real stunner! How clever to use bead board! I would hang this proudly!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wonderful project you have here...love how you used beadboard.

Blessings,
Linda

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love that flag, and I bet you made it for a lot less than the Pottery Barn one.

Erin said...

Such a genius use of beadboard, Korrie! I've been wanting to paint a rustic flag sign, but dreaded all the taping to make the stripes. Now I have no excuse not to try this! :)

Take care,
Erin
Carolina Country Living

Clarissa Emily said...

This is fabulous! I love the beadboard, it makes the stripes a lot easier to do! I may have to borrow this idea. I hope you have a fabulous day!

Clarissa @ A Little Stone House

Mary said...

Gorgeous Knock-Off! I made one 30 years ago out of lath - but my stars were too small. I used stickers on top of a white ground and spray-painted the space blue. How did you do your stars?
blukazam@yahoo.com
Thanks -
Mary in Oregon

Kelsey said...

Love it!! I found you on the CSI linkup :)

Unknown said...

This is so adorable!! I think yours looks just as good as the original! I'd love it if you'd share at Off the Hook:
http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/off-hook-3.html

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I've been eyeing that PB flag in their catalog the last few years... love that you used beadboard - brilliant! I'm featuring your flag in the PoPP Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for joining the party!

lej619 said...

i have a flag that i got a number of years ago and it now needs repainting.(husband tryed to clean it with a pressure washer and some of the paint came off)
i have to also ask, how did you do the stars??
thanks

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Love you bead board flag Korrie!

you do such great work, I wish I had your patience. :)

gail

Unknown said...

love your flag!~ did you hand draw the stars?
LAUREN

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This is beautiful! I hope you'll link up to my Patriotic Project Parade going on now through July 4th.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html