Thursday, October 10, 2013

Multi-colored Console Table

My garage has been SO full of rehab projects that I have had neither the time nor the space to build anything for a while!  Last week after I finally got most of what needed to be done…well, done…it moved into the house for a while and I squeezed out a few square feet of space to build.

Red Hen Home Console Table 3

I loved this rustic console / buffet table I built a few months ago, and I have wanted to make another one.  The plans for this one came from the Sawdust Girl

Red Hen Home Console Table 1

I finished the top and legs with a custom gray/brown stain mix, but then I used a little ebony stain on the edges for a more weathered look.

Red Hen Home Console Table 4

My favorite part is this center shelf.  I came across a whole bunch of 5” strips of plywood in the scrap pile at Lowe’s.  I bought the whole lot of it for just such a project as this!

I ripped each strip in half, so mine are about 2.5” wide.  I nailed a cleat around the inside of the shelf so I could lay the strips neatly in place.  The fun part, of course, was using multiple stains for the plywood…I used ebony, golden pecan, mahogany, and dark walnut.  Then a few of them got a wash of teal paint.  There is no rhyme or reason to their placement…I just went with what looked good to me.

Red Hen Home Console Table 2

I’m really happy with how it turned out, and anxious to do something similar with the rest of the plywood!

Just have to clear space in my garage…again!

This project has been featured at Elizabeth & Co. and Coastal Charm.

**********************

Linking up here:

The Inspiration Exchange Elizabeth & Co.
Primitive & Proper Thrifty Décor Chick
Friday Remodelaholic The Scoop!
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Miss Mustard Seed
Beyond the Picket Fence Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
Domestically Speaking
Perfectly Imperfect No Minimalist Here
Common Ground My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours Mod Vintage Life
A Little Knick Knack

21 comments:

Rachel said...

I really really really like that table!!! The colored shelf is my favorite.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great table, Korrie! I wish I had some place to put something like that here. I love your chalkboard, too. Such a great frame and it compliments your table and vignette.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous vignette, love your styling...Mel:))

Becca @ The Sassy Penguin said...

Loving the colors of the shelf.

Cynthia said...

This is just beautiful, I love the colors in the shelf. That frame over this piece is gorgeous.

Cynthia

Unknown said...

very beautiful piece...very creative! perfect for home.

also try to check out this website.
Visit Modern Living
Everything about Home! Thank You so much!

Full Circle Creations said...

Just lovely! :)

Unknown said...

That is a great table, Korrie!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love this, Korrie :)

Bliss said...

I love it!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

There you go again making really cool furniture!

ANNE said...

Gorgeous! I love the multi-coloured shelf!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love it! love the colors and the rustic vibe paired with the pretty ornate frame!

Loribeth Clark said...

How fun! It looks great. You've been doing so many creative things, makes me wish I had the room to do stuff!!

Robin Johnson said...

It looks amazing and I adore how you have it styled.

Yvonne said...

This is one great example of why I love furniture builders! :) Fabulous lower shelf!

My Repurposed Life said...

Korrie--this is a beautiful table! Did you see my stash of paint/stain while I've been blogging about my garage clean up? lol

I have tons!

super job girl!

gail

Anonymous said...

Wow Korrie, love that table - nice job!!

Donna Wilkes said...

Very creative use of scrap lumber - love the multi-colored strips.

Erin @ White Clover Home said...

Love this! We need another table in our entrance....I wonder if I could convince my husband to make this for me??

Patty said...

Hi Korrie, a GREAT table! May I ask a huge favor ? Can you send me a picture of the underneath of the table ? And maybe a close up showing how you attached the boards that make up the apron onto the legs ? I have a table I found at an estate sale, and someone botched the job trying to stabilize it, so I want to repair it with a proper apron. I'd be much appreciative whenever you might find a few moments. Thank you for considering this. I'd love if my table turned out half as nice as yours!

patty
soriano471@sbcglobal.net